Thursday, May 2, 2013

Quick Post: "Get Off My Internets"


While searching for a review of the Blog Love e-course by A Beautiful Mess, I stumbled across a forum website called "Get Off My Internets". This website is horrible, after reading only two or three of the forum post, that I accidentally came across btw, I was finding myself totally discouraged. These people posting horrible horrible things about some of my favorite bloggers made me think that no one would be interested in my blog and they would probably hate it too.

I am a stickler for "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all", I try my hardest to avoid talking badly about people, especially if I don't know them personally. This website just bugs me, it makes me feel horrible, and it makes me sad that people actually spend time bashing blog upon blog on these forums. I understand that no matter what kind of blogger you are there will always be people who are not fans of you, but I never knew there were whole communities dedicated to spreading hate about bloggers.

I wish I had never found this site!

Anyways, after calming myself down from the initial shock that this brought I realized that the type of people who are bashing blogs on these forums are not the type of people I want reading my blog. I bought the Blog Love e-course and am super excited to get started (: I'll make sure to write up a review on it when I finish the course.

How do you fight off negativity about your blog? Have you ever had people recklessly bash you as a blogger? How does a website like "Get Off My Internets" effect you?

Let me know, I'm interested to hear other bloggers opinions on this website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment