Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"The Happiness Project"

I've been reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin I haven't finished the book yet but, her project to set resolutions for each month to guide her towards a happier life has inspired me to do the same. I don't know about you but I feel like my year has three "fresh starts". The first one is January 1st, the new year. I always view the start of a new calendar year as a new beginning, the next my birthday in May, and the third the start to the new school year in August.  Instead of looking at the year in terms of school or the calendar year I want to make an effort to look at them in terms of age. What did I learn at 20? What do I want to learn at 21? what goals do I want to accomplish by the time I turn 22? This year I wanted to set specific goals for age 21.

Gretchen made a list of all the goals she wanted to accomplish in a year. These goals stemmed from her research on happiness and how to achieve it. After making a list she broke it up into twelve months. She would strive to complete a few of her goals the first month, then the second month add more goals, until eventually every goal on her original list was being addressed. I'm adapting her plan to fit my needs. Some of my goals don't relate directly to happiness but are stepping stones to becoming a happier person overall. I plan on tackling two new goals each month this year, I'll start with two and keep adding more until I am actively working at completing all the goals on the list!

  • PAY OFF DEBTS
  • GIVE 100% AT WORK
  • CREATE A HOME
  • SIMPLIFY AND GET ORGANIZED
  • GET BETTER SLEEP
  • FIND ADVENTURE
  • CONNECT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
  • GET ENERGIZED 
  • PRACTICE TIME MANAGEMENT
  • KEEP A BUDGET
  • CREATE A SCRAPBOOK
  • EXERCISE EVERYDAY
  • SHOW LOVE
  • STOP PROCRASTINATION
  • EAT HEALTHIER AND MEAL PLAN
  • KEEP A GRATITUDE JOURNAL
  • TONE UP
  • CREATE ART FOR ME
  • EAT CLEAN
  • KEEP UP WITH SCHOOLWORK
  • START AN ETSY STORE
  • LEARN A NEW SKILL
  • BE AMBITIOUS
  • ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS

0 comments:

Post a Comment